June 21, 2015

Dear Kolton: One Month




Dear Kolton,

      I can't believe you are already a month old! The days are flying by so fast and you have already changed so much since the first time I laid eyes on you. Your hair has lightened just a bit, and your eyes are still very blue, even though I can't seem to get a good picture of their color. :( You are an amazing sleeper. Already sleeping through most of the night. You are typically very calm and are happy just hanging out in your swing looking around. You hated your first bath, absolutely hated it. You love to lift your head up and look around while being burped, but would rather sleep during tummy time than attempt to lift your head then. You smile ALL the time, in your sleep and while awake.

     You have just recently started to "look" at me and your daddy. Speaking of daddy, you LOVE his voice. It's like you have an internal alarm that goes off when daddy gets home from work.. I think you may be a daddy's boy, how fitting that you are turning one month old on fathers day. ;) We can't decide who you look like; so far we have thought, me, your daddy, your uncle Marc and your uncle Josh. It will be fun to see how your features change as you get older.  You have your Mimi's "mean face" though. Hands down, you inherited that! Sometimes, when you are staring at one spot smiling away, I think, there's my mom, your Mimi, she's talking to you, huh? I really hope it is. This first month has been tough without her here to guide me. But she's got to be here helping, because seriously, you are the CALMEST baby I have ever seen.

      Your papa is head over heels for you, and you become super quiet when you hear his voice. I think you like hearing about all these fishing trips he has planned for you two. You love your swing, thankfully, since I am always afraid I am going to drop you, you hang out in there a lot. You have already "seen" the toy bar and seem to love staring at either the tree or the owl. You must really like those two. So far you are a ham for the camera.. I hope that continues ;) & so far you do REALLY well out in public. I've taken you shopping a couple of times, and you only cried one time, I think you were just ready to go home that day. You "talk" a lot. Constantly going on about something if you aren't sleeping.

     So far we have not let the dogs interact much with you, Lexi could care less that you exist.. she is going to have to get used to you though. I think you two will be besties once she realizes she can cuddle with you(once she is allowed to anyway) Mia on the other hand wants to lick you all over. She's gotten you a couple times. haha. Thankfully their barks don't seem to bother you either.

     You have not gotten to meet many members of our huge family.. hopefully that will change during the year! You have gotten to meet some of your cousins that live relatively close by.. Mihkaella, Claire, Chrissy, Keli, Kiki and Kapoka. They all love you, Kiki is absolutely in love with you, she always wants to hold you, and if you make a peep, she is quick to make sure you are okay. So super sweet.

    I can't wait to see what changes this next month brings, I am sure they will happen much faster than I am ready!

Love, Mommy!




Outfit details:
Kolton's romper - Parade Baby




No comments:

Post a Comment